Alexandra has more than 14 years’ experience advising in the areas of commercial dispute resolution and litigation, insolvency and commercial advice.
Alexandra has a broad range of experience in acting for and against major Banks and other financial services institutions, insolvency professionals, advising corporate and private clients in relation to a broad spectrum of commercial disputes relating to contractual issues, property disputes and claims under the Australian Consumer Law.
Alexandra’s expertise includes:
- Contract disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Insolvency advice
- Property and construction disputes
- Finance default advice including recovery of security, appointment of receivers, realisation of assets and mortgagee sales
- Acting for an ASX-listed advertising agency in a dispute in relation to breach of contract, non-written agreement and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Acting for a plaintiff in Federal Court proceedings for breach of copyright and anti-anti-suit injunction.
- Advising a liquidator of collapsed construction company on a raft of issues.
- Acting on and urgent passing off claim in relation to the client’s competitor’s use of a similar business name.
- Advising Local Government Council in a range of proceedings including defamation and an application for adverse possession of land.
- Acting for a large developer in relation to building defects claims.
- Advising a Scheme Administrator in relation to his rights and obligations under the Scheme of Arrangement and acting on his application for the advice and direction of the court in respect of various issues arising in connection with the administration of the scheme.
- Advising a bank in relation to a potential class action and ASIC investigations and devising a framework for identifying potentially affected customers to swiftly address any issues.