Danny has 25 years’ professional experience advising clients on corporate and commercial legal matters. Danny was a founding partner of Chang, Pistilli & Simmons, a founding partner of Clifford Chance in Sydney, where he was also Head of Corporate and a Partner of PwC in Australia.
Danny’s clients range from ultra-high net worth families through to hedge funds, ASX listed entities and global corporations.
Danny is well known for his strategic legal thinking and for the clarity of his advice.
Danny’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions (particularly takeovers and schemes of arrangement)
- Company meetings and proxy battles
- Corporate governance and boardroom advisory
- Corporate disputes
- Ultra high net worth advisory
- Advising various family offices on structuring and intergenerational control and wealth transfer.
- Macquarie Telecom Group Limited on its proposed takeover of Bulletproof Group Limited.
- Getswift Limited in relation to responding to its ASX suspension and continuous disclosure and corporate governance issues.
- Wilson Asset Management in relation to various Board / RE matters.
- The Boyd Family on its privatisation of PAYCE Consolidated Limited.
- The Roberts Family on its privatisation of Signature Capital Investments Limited.
- General Electric Company on Australian aspects of its US$17 billion global acquisition of the ALSTOM Energy business.
- The Lowy Family Group on the A$663.7 million disposal of its interests in Westfield Retail Trust.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate/M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recognised Lawyer, Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Asia
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, IFLR
- Leading Individual, Corporate/M&A, Doyle’s Guide
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,