Daniel’s Australian and international transactional expertise has been recognised by independent industry publications such as Legal 500 and Doyle’s. He acts for a mixture of listed and unlisted companies, managing a range of complex transactions. These include Chapter 6 takeovers, private treaty M&A, private equity transactions, schemes of arrangements and capital raisings, including IPOs. He complements these skills with strong expertise in commercial law, corporate governance and risk management (including ASX listing rules compliance).
Daniel brings a wealth of experience from both in-house and law firm roles. He spent the largest part of his legal career at Blake Dawson Waldron (now Ashurst) and 3.5 years of his career in the USA.
Daniel has held the positions of General Manager Legal, Strategy and Development and General Counsel (Corporate) for Tabcorp Holdings Limited.
He focuses on providing a clear, commercial and strategic approach to deliver effective solutions for complex and sensitive situations.
Daniel’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Capital Markets/IPO
- Renewable Energy
- Corporate Governance
- Acting on the merger between Turi Foods and OSI International Foods (Australia), creating a merged entity with revenues of over $600m.
- Assisting Bureau Veritas to acquire a majority stake in construction compliance service provider McKenzie Group.
- Advising Ratch Australia on the largest project financed wind farm transaction in Australia.
- Acting for Colonial Farms (Aust) Pty Ltd in the purchase of Turi Foods (Aust).
- Acting for Cox Automotive in their purchase of CarsGuide from News Corp Australia.
- Assisting AS Digital in the sale of all of its shares to OpenTable Australia Restaurant Pty Ltd (backed by a guarantee from the Priceline Group LLC for a purchase price of $42m plus adjustments).
- Advising Bureau Veritas on the acquisition of Dairy Technical Services (DTS) by the Bureau Veritas AsureQuality Group worth circa $90m.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Recommended Lawyer, Private Equity, Doyle’s Guide
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,