Nick has been a specialist corporate M&A lawyer for over 21 years with significant expertise in domestic and cross border private/negotiated sales and disposals. Nick has a detailed practical knowledge of the issues involved when completing M&A transactions and has worked on a variety of acquisitions, buy-outs, disposals and joint ventures for both domestic and international clients across a range of industries, including including agri, travel, digital, e-commerce, IT, financial services and general industrials.
Nick has an outstanding track record of delivering successful outcomes to his clients. He is highly regarded for his strategic thinking, and brings exceptional commercial and legal insight to the table.
Nick’s clients include start-ups, large family offices and major corporates (private and ASX Listed) such as Luxury Escapes, Auctus Investment Group (ASX: AVC), Armaguard and Perfection Fresh Australia.
Nick’s expertise includes:
- Domestic and cross border private M&A
- Joint Ventures
- Venture Capital
- Advising Lux Group (owner of Luxury Escapes) with respect to an external equity raise of up to $90m by the Luxury Escapes Fund, a special purpose investment fund managed by Auctus Investment Group (ASX: AVC).
- Advising Armaguard on its acquisitions of:
- the rediATM Scheme from Cuscal;
- ANZ’s Off-site ATM Fleet; and
- a portion of CBA’s Offsite ATM Fleet.
- Advising Auctus Investment Group (ASX: AVC) on the $50m investment by the Pet Fund in PETstock Pty Ltd, Australia and New Zealand’s largest private omni channel pet speciality retailer.
- Advising Lux Group (owner of Luxury Escapes) on a strategic transaction involving Catch Group that resulted in the creation of separate, pure-play travel, shopping and local ecommerce businesses. This involved the acquisition by Lux Group of Catch Group’s luxury travel businesses, the sale by Lux Group to Catch Group of its designer brand product businesses, and the creation of a local experience joint venture via the merger of Lux Group’s and Catch Group’s local experience businesses.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
Nick holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Monash University as well as a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment from the Financial Services Institute of Australasia.
Nick is admitted to practice in Victoria (2001) and Hong Kong (2008).
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,