Brendan is a specialist M&A lawyer with more than 13 years’ experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raisings and other corporate transactions.
Brendan’s focus is mid-market M&A and he enjoys acting for a diverse range of clients, including founders on exits and large corporates on acquisitions. Clients appreciate Brendan’s clear, pragmatic, outcome-focussed advice.
Brendan has led a number of important acquisitions for large corporate clients such as Eurofins Scientific SE (EPA:ERF) and The IRONMAN® Group. Brendan also regularly expertly guides founders through exits, including trade sales to international buyers and to private equity firms.
Brendan’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Capital raisings
- Other corporate transactions
- Advised USM Events Pty on its acquisition of FulGaz, a market leading cycling app, which offers its subscribers access to virtual rides on Apple, Android and Windows devices.
- The purchase of multiple events (including the City2Surf and Melbourne Corporate Triathlon) from Nine Entertainment Group by World Triathlon Corporation (owner of Ironman).
- The formation of Petra Industries by private equity firm Queens Lane Capital and roll-up of leading Australian stone and tile businesses, including Signorino Tile Gallery and Multiform Industries.
- The acquisition of Woodcut by Petra Industries.
- The sale of Canon Foods to Hellers Australia.
- Acquisitions of pharmaceutical testing laboratories by Eurofins Australia and New Zealand.
- The purchase of Biarri Rail by Navis LLC, a subsidiary of Cargotec Corporation.
- The sale of Climate Technologies to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Symphony Limited.
- The sale of four motor vehicle dealerships to a wholly-owned subsidiary of IDOM Inc.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria