Chris is a highly regarded corporate lawyer with extensive experience advising clients on complex transactions, with an emphasis on M&A, both private and public.
He has acted for clients in numerous cross-border transactions and across a broad range of industry sectors. He acts for a range of clients from start-ups to ASX listed companies and offshore investors.
Chris is renowned for his commercial acumen and his exceptional client service. He thrives on assisting clients as a trusted advisor to their business needs.
Chris’s expertise includes:
- Cross-border transactions
- Foreign investment into Australia
- Joint ventures
- Warranty & indemnity insurance
- Securities law
- Commercial contracting
- Corporate governance
- Advised Orora on the sale of its Australasian fibre business
- Advised RACV on the acquisition of Gippsland Solar
- Advised Willis Towers Watson on the acquisition of Risk Capital Advisors
- Advised Study Group on the sale of Endeavour Learning Group
- Advised MacPhersons Resources on its merger with Intermin Resources through a scheme of arrangement
- Advised Booking Holdings Inc. on the acquisition of HotelsCombined
- Advised Australian Pharmaceutical Industries on the acquisition of the Clearskincare Clinics and products business
- Advised Accolade Wines on the acquisition of Lion’s Australian premium wine business, Fine Wine Partners
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities