Alwyn specialises in commercial litigation/dispute resolution and corporate and personal insolvency. He is an accredited specialist in Commercial Litigation – Corporations Law. His major work has included complex commercial/insolvency disputes, debt recovery, corporate crime, contractual disputes and professional negligence.
Alwyn has more than 20 years of experience, including 10 years as a barrister, acting for and providing advice to government, insolvency practitioners, directors and individuals on a range of commercial disputes and insolvency matters. Alwyn is known for his commercial approach and applying his extensive experience and knowledge to achieving the best outcomes for his clients.
Alwyn has represented clients in relation to regulatory investigations by various regulators as well as corporate crime matters. His non-government clients include leading insolvency practitioners at KPMG, PWC, BRI Ferrier, KordaMentha, Deloitte, Ferrier Hodgson, RSM and Smith Hancock.
Alwyn has experience and acted in all jurisdictions across Australia and often represents national clients in matters which span jurisdictions.
Alwyn is the editor for the LexisNexis Corporations Law Loose-leaf service.
Alwyn’s expertise includes:
- Complex litigation
- Insolvency litigation
- Debt recovery
- Advising with respect to regulatory investigations
- Corporate crime
- Acting for a liquidator of five companies in a major fraud litigation matter in the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Acting for a number of Liquidators in various types of matters including preference actions, insolvent trading claims, appointment of the Liquidator as Receivers over the assets of a business, advised on various issues relating to PPSR charges.
- Represented a former director of a well known publicly listed company in respect of an ASIC investigation and criminal prosecution.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Accredited specialist in Commercial Litigation – Corporations Law