Adrienne is a Brisbane-based litigator with almost 10 years’ experience across a broad spectrum of commercial disputes and insolvencies. Adrienne has acted in significant, complex pieces of litigation across all Australian Court jurisdictions including the High Court of Australia.
During her years of practice, Adrienne has assisted insolvency practitioners, ASX-listed corporations, small and large business as well as individuals to achieve their commercial objectives. Adrienne has had a particular focus in defamation, insurance and contractual disputes.
Adrienne is well regarded for her diligence, sound technical skills and strategic thinking. Her approach to work is always informed by her client’s commercial objectives.
Adrienne’s expertise includes:
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence
- Claims made pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law
- Debt recovery
- Corporate and personal insolvency
- Alternative Disputes Resolution
- A successful appeal to the High Court of Australia of a decision by the Full Federal Court of Australia concerning an implied licence to reproduce works.
- Opposed an application by a motor vehicle manufacturer to strike out a Claim commenced by an insurer in the District Court of Queensland as an abuse of process on the basis that evidence was destroyed by a separate insurance company.
- Opposed an appeal to the Queensland Court of Appeal of a contempt finding made against a litigant who had breached an injunction granted by the District Court at the conclusion of trial.
- Acted for a successful real estate agency in Brisbane to obtain an injunction preventing, among other things, the use of stolen confidential information.
- Successful insolvent trading and preferential payment recovery proceedings.