Tim is a transaction and business succession lawyer specialising in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on private, family and public company mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and reconstructions, joint ventures and equity capital markets transactions.
He has particular expertise in assisting his clients to prepare for, and execute, strategic company transactions and has extensive experience on projects of all sizes, both domestically and cross-border. Tim advises businesses across many industries and sectors.
Tim is well known for working closely with his clients to provide high quality, commercially relevant and strategic advice to assist clients in preparing for, and navigating, transaction processes. He works hard to be a trusted advisor to his clients and understand their key objectives.
Prior to joining Mills Oakley, Tim worked at King & Wood Mallesons for nearly 13 years.
Tim’s expertise includes advising on:
- Sell and buy-side M&A transactions (bilateral and competitive sale processes)
- Joint ventures
- Corporate reconstructions
- Corporate establishment and structuring
- Equity capital markets transactions
- Warranty and indemnity insurance
- General corporate advice and corporate governance (including ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act compliance)
- APA Group and Asciano Limited: takeover defences in relation to scheme proposals.
- Asciano Limited: internal corporate reconstruction and associated business division sales.
- Engie SA / Mitsui: sale of Loy Yang B power station (and associated internal restructure).
- BlueScope Steel: ASEAN JV with NSSMC.
- Acquisition or sale of private companies or assets for many clients, including M5 Network Security, ANZ Terminals, Tama Plastic Industry, Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance, IRESS Limited, Benaris International, Dow Chemicals, Medibank Private and Cognizant Technology Solutions.
- ANZ: formation and subsequent divestment of a JV interest.
- Nant Capital, LLC: strategic cornerstone investment in Benitec Biopharma Limited by way of share placement.
- Advising various insurers on warranty and indemnity insurance matters.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,