Tara has over 10 years’ experience as an insurance lawyer working across a broad range of insurances practice areas including strata insurance, public liability, property damage, subrogated recoveries, building rectification, personal injury, motor vehicle and builders warranty.
As well as extensive litigation experience, Tara also provides comprehensive advice on complex and technical policy, coverage and indemnity issues. Especially complex building rectification disputes.
Tara regularly defends public liability proceedings in most jurisdictions within Australia bringing a commercial mindset to litigation. Tara is also known for identifying avenues of insurance claim recovery and advises on and acts in subrogated recovery proceedings on behalf of insurers.
Tara has acted for both Australian and London based insurers as well as acting directly for insureds to assist in recovering uninsured losses.
Tara’s expertise includes:
- Strata Insurance Claims and Recoveries
- Public liability personal injury
- Property damage
- Policy, coverage and indemnity advice
- Builders warranty / Home Warranty
- Motor Vehicle
- Policy and coverage advice in Accident & Health
- Representing an insurer in a multimillion-dollar claim following a fire and storm event at a residential premises including policy, coverage and indemnity advice.
- Representing a strata insurer in personal injury proceedings brought in the Supreme Court following a workplace injury which occurred on the insured’s premises.
- Representing an insurer in bringing a recovery against the builder, principal certifying authority, tenant and cleaning contractor following a significant fire incident at the insured’s property causing millions of dollars of damage.
- Representing an insurer and the town house owners in a recovery against a water authority following the bursting of a major pipeline resulting in a flood causing over $1m of damage.
- Representing the Owners Corporation in the Court of Appeal precedent setting case a claim under s.106 of the Strata Schemes Management Act.
- Successful application to AFCA for a policy holder to re-define its partial disability benefit under an Income Protection Policy.
- Insurance ,