Samala has extensive experience with respect to personal injury litigation arising from a variety of circumstances including public liability, workers compensation, transport accidents, occupier’s liability and historical abuse.
Samala previously advised the Victorian WorkCover Authority with respect to its statutory and common law litigated claims. She now uses that experience to provide advice to self-insured entities, licensed by the Victorian WorkCover Authority to administer their own workers compensation schemes.
Samala’s expertise include:
- Personal injury
- Public liability
- Workers Compensation matters
- Indemnity disputes and considerations
- Advising GPT with respect to personal injury and/or public liability claims arising at its various shopping centres across Victoria
- Advising Alcoa of Australia, in its capacity as a licensed self-insurer, with respect to claims brought pursuant to the Accident Compensation Act 1985 and Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013
- Advising a number of insurers with respect to indemnity considerations and liability issues arising out of personal injury claims
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Monash University) – 2006