Angela has over 13 years’ experience working in insurance litigation, specialising in the areas of public liability, professional negligence, employment practices liability, product liability and property damage claims.
Angela has acted for many Australian and global insurers, along with self-insured companies, to assist with resolving both litigated and un-litigated disputes.
Angela has a special interest in employment practices liability claims, having acted in unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination and sexual harassment claims in the Fair Work Commission, Human Rights Commission, Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Federal Court of Australia.
Angela is a commercially-minded practitioner with strong negotiation and communication skills. She has a special interest in alternative dispute resolution, and regularly appears at mediations and settlement conferences. Her approach is to attempt to resolve disputes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner whilst achieving strong outcomes for clients.
Angela’s expertise includes:
- Defence of litigated and un-litigated claims, including public liability, product liability, occupiers’ liability, contractor’s liability, psychiatric injury and catastrophic injury claims.
- Employment Practices Liability, including unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination, workplace bullying and sexual harassment claims.
- Workers’ compensation.
- Professional Negligence.
- Dust disease claims
- Policy indemnity and policy interpretation advice
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Acted for a global mining company in nervous shock claims resulting from a workplace fatality.
- Acting for a chartered accountant in significant Supreme Court professional negligence proceedings.
- Represented a multinational beverage company in racial discrimination claims in the Human Rights Commission and the Federal Circuit Court.
- Acting for a general medical practice in a medical negligence claim relating to an alleged missed cancer diagnosis.
- Acted for an agricultural company in defence of a nervous shock claim stemming from a fatal farming accident.
- Acting for a global mining company in proceedings in the New South Wales Dust Diseases Tribunal by a worker suffering from coal workers’ pneumoconiosis.
- Acted for a Chamber of Commerce in proceedings in the Anti-Discrimination Commission alleging discrimination on the basis of gender, family responsibilities and sexual harassment.
- Acted for a medical practice providing laser vision surgery in a medical negligence claims by multiple patients.