Scott has a wealth of experience in the creative, technology and big data industries and regularly advises leading companies in those industries about protection and commercialisation of their products, data and intellectual property.
He brings specific industry experience and expertise on technology and data related contracts and contracts in the entertainment industry (music, film, TV, radio and online).
Scott is known for cutting through complexity and providing easily digestible and practical advice. His clients include technology companies, data licensing companies, health services providers, scientific research and education institutes and film production companies.
Scott’s expertise includes:
- Intellectual property identification, protection and enforcement
- Technology and data commercialisation contracts
- Film, TV and music industry contracts
- Regulatory advice including trade practices, privacy, charitable fundraising, multi-level marketing and online gambling.
- Advising a leading technology services company on its $80m health industry project.
- Advising a leading technology services company on its public private partnership with a government health department.
- Representing a leading software provider in its Federal Court IP dispute.
- Working as part of the in-house counsel team at CoreLogic during the General Counsel’s temporary absence, negotiation and advising on its major contracts.
- Advising an Australian independent film production company on all legal aspects of production of its current feature film.
- Advising a leading insurance broker on the commercialisation in Australia of its patented invention in the insurance industry.
- Recommended Lawyer, Intellectual Property, Doyle’s Guide.
- Recommended Lawyer, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Doyle’s Guide.