Robin has more than 35 years' experience acting for Australian and international clients in mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory matters. He has acted for many international clients setting up operations in Australia, advising about the Australian operations and assisting with the expansion of the business in Australia and in using Australia as a base for expansion into Asia.
His clients include businesses in the manufacturing, tourism, aged care and resources industries, as well as acting for professional services operations including architects and medical practitioners.
Robin’s expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder arrangements including shareholder agreements, share sales and advice about corporate governance
- Contract advice including professional service consultancy agreements and service arrangements
- Advice to international clients operating in Australia and Australian clients operating internationally.
- Acting for financial advisory business in its sale to release capital to its shareholders including structuring the earn out and limits on warranties and re-negotiating the earn out arrangements.
- Acting for US company in due diligence and acquisition of several Australian businesses worth in excess of $20m.
- Acting for not for profit organisation in acquisition of its first major investment in after school care valued at in excess of $5m, including working closely with the board regarding warranties and tax issues.
- Advising equity and debt participant in financial services company about long term investment and shareholder issues.
- Advising medical company on process to remove a shareholder posing a reputational risk to the entity.
- Drafting and negotiating numerous shareholders agreements to professional service companies, IT companies and resource companies.
- Advising about professional service and consulting agreements for architects and engineers.
- Advising about medical service agreements.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Commercial Law, Construction/Infrastructure Law and Corporate Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Recommended Lawyer, Construction and Infrastructure Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,