Nathan has over 10 years’ experience as an Insurance Litigator, having joined the Mills Oakley Insurance team in March 2014.
Nathan brings particular expertise in the Defence and Recovery actions arising out of Motor Vehicle and Heavy Motor property damage claims.
He is well known for his pragmatic approach to litigation, providing his clients with strategic and succinct advice, geared towards the attainment of optimal litigation outcomes.
Nathan acts for major national insurers, including Suncorp and National Transport Insurance, nationwide, as well as self-insureds, brokers, ASX listed companies and private clients.
Nathan’s expertise includes:
- General Insurance Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Property Damage Claims
- Defended Third Party Recovery Claims
- Subrogated Recoveries
- Indemnity Disputes
- Complex Heavy Motor
- Fraudulent Claims
- Inevitable Accident Claims
- Fire Claims
- Product Liability Claims
- Acting on behalf of the successful respondent in the matter of City of Boroondara and Anor v Verrocchi  VSC 525 (appeal from Magistrates Court) wherein the Appellants claim that the Magistrate made a finding of fact not open to him on the evidence and failed to provide adequate reasons for his decision was dismissed with costs.
- Acting on behalf of the importer of a prestige vintage luxury vehicle in seeking damages from the logistics company following the theft of the vehicle.
- Acting on behalf of a large transport company in seeking damages from the manufacturer following a substantial electrical fire which rendered the Heavy Motor vehicle a total loss.
- Acting on behalf of a major insurer in a s51 recovery action in the Tasmania Supreme Court against the insurer of the deceased following a fatal collision.
- Acting on behalf of a major insurer in successfully avoiding a claim arising out of fraudulently recycled damages to a motor vehicle, resulting in criminal charges for the perpetrators.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities