Matt is an experienced corporate law partner who has practiced in New York, Hong Kong, London and Sydney. He is skilled in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Corporate Governance, Cross-border M&A and Capital Markets with a specialty in Carbon Markets.
Matt’s expertise includes:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Carbon Markets
- Acted for Cbus on its joint acquisition of the Macquarie Centre and Pacific Fair for $2.2b.
- Acted for Humanwell and Citic on the purchase of Ansell’s sexual wellness business – Winner of IFLR’s International M&A Deal of the Year 2017.
- Acted for 3P Learning Limited (ASX:3PL) on its (unsuccessful) Scheme with IXL.
- Acted for Pickles management on the sale of Pickles Auctions to Apax Partners.
- Acted for Lyndavale Pastoral Company on its Carbon Project Agreement.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Deputy Chairman – The Mulloon Institute
- Chair of Mulloon Legal Committee – The Mulloon Institute
- Member – Union, University and Schools Club
- Winner of IFLR’s International M&A Deal of the Year 2017
- Pro Bono Partner of the Year – Finalist – Lawyers Weekly 2023
- Ross Parsons Centre 2020 Lecture, Sydney University Law School, “The Ever Expanding Compliance Obligations of Australian Directors”
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,