Jamie is a market leading employment and industrial relations specialist, with more than 30 years’ experience.
He is said to provide “outstanding insight and advice” and his “practical and commercial approach” is said to have “resolved issues swiftly and with significant savings”. He handles both transactional and advisory work, as well as employment and industrial relations negotiations and disputes.
While it has been said that his “industrial relations expertise is a real strength”, he acts as often in general protections claims, employment termination claims, and discrimination and harassment claims.
Jamie also has niche experience in transaction structuring, with extensive experience in public sector projects, off the back of advising on a large number of major government projects in Queensland over the past 15 years.
Jamie’s expertise includes:
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Performance management, disciplinary action, and employment separation
- Enterprise bargaining and industrial disputes
- Executive employment, structuring, and separation
- Employment advisory and compliance
- Employment contracts and policies
- General protections, discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Post-employment restraints, confidentiality, and intellectual property misuse
- Transfer of business, restructuring and redundancy
- Superannuation guarantee
- union right of entry
- health and safety
- Acting for Stanmore Resources during enterprise bargaining, on right of entry, and termination of employment disputes.
- Acting for Aurizon in defence of Federal Court general protections proceedings.
- Acting for Bank of Queensland in relation to COVID management, and following disputes.
- Acting for Aurelia Metals in relation to employment and industrial relations issues at Hera and Peak Gold mines.
- Advising Cross River Rail Delivery Authority on employment and industrial relations issues on the Cross River Rail project.
- Advising Thiess in relation to award coverage issues.
- Advised on the Energy Queensland merger of Energex and Ergon Energy (Australasian Law Awards, Energy and Resources Deal of the Year).
- Acted for Mt Arthur Coal in Federal Court class action proceedings relating to the status of labour hire employees.
- Acted for Alstom Group in enterprise bargaining scope proceedings in the Fair Work Commission.
- Acted for Toll Transport in Fair Work Commission disputes relating to the contractual arrangements of owner drivers.
- Acting for Tyro Payments in a general protections and related claims involving a former employee.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific
- Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers
- Employee Benefits Law, Best Lawyers
- Lawyer of the Year 2020 – Employee Benefits Law, Best Lawyers
- Labour and Employment, Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,