William is one of only four lawyers in Canberra who are accredited by the NSW Law Society as a specialist in employment and industrial relations law. With over 20 years’ experience in employment law and workplace relations he has advised clients in almost all industries and sectors. William is also listed in the 2021 Doyles Guide as one of Canberra’s recommended lawyers in employment law.
William’s knowledge and expertise in the area is further bolstered by the fact that he was a university lecturer in employment, human resource management and industrial relations for 5 years prior to practicing as a lawyer for the last 19 years. As a result, William has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon in advising and achieving results for clients in all aspects of employment and workplace relations law.
William’s expertise includes:
- Workplace claims, including unfair dismissals, general protections claims, bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Employment law advice, including employee entitlements, redundancies and workforce restructuring
- Performance management, workplace policies and procedures and dealing with difficult employees
- Advocacy in the Fair Work Commission, courts and tribunals
- Enterprise Agreements – all aspects, including drafting, negotiating and obtaining Fair Work Commission approval
- Work Health & Safety and dealing with injured workers
- Code of Conduct investigations
- Employment contracts, including advising on post-employment restraints
- Union rights of entry
- Workplace Relations Management Plans (WRMPs) and Labour Relations, Training and Workplace Equity Plans (LRTWEPs) for government construction tenders
- Employee issues when buying or selling a business
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Employment Lawyer Canberra, Doyle’s Guide Australia
- Recommended Lawyer, Labour and Employment & Workplace Health and Safety, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Bachelor of Laws (University of New South Wales)
- Masters of Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management (Hons) (University of Sydney)
- Admission to the NSW Supreme Court and High Court of Australia.
- Accredited Specialist in Employment and Industrial Relations Law (Law Society of New South Wales)
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,