Fiona has over 18 years’ experience specialising in advising insurers and insureds in the areas of professional indemnity, injury liability, property liability, general insurance, insurance litigation and general negligence matters.
Fiona is committed to providing advice to clients to facilitate commercial and mitigating awards of damages. She also regularly prepares and presents mock trials for local government, hypothetical and presentations at industry seminars and for clients.
- Coverage and indemnity advice
- Quantification of damages
- Risk allocation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Advocacy claims involving complaints to professional entities including the Health Care Complaints Commission
- Acting for the controller of a landfill in the defence of a class action involving a bushfire.
- Acting in the defence of a multi-plaintiff claim involving a pilot who collided with a Ferris wheel. The claims involved an analysis of various provisions of the Civil Liability Act including obvious risk, risk warnings and dangerous recreational activities.
- Acting in relation to a claim for damages compensation on behalf of minors in relation to motor accident claims against property owners.
- Acting for professionals in various medical negligence claims involving private hospitals.
- Acting in the defence of property damage claims involving water inundation by adjacent property owners.
- Acting in the defence of property damage claims involving structural damage alleged to have been caused by adjacent property owners.
- Acting for property owner in relation to disputed development issues.
- Acting for various professionals including surgeons, psychologists, nurses, dentists and allied health professionals in relation to complaints to professional bodies.
- Acting for the owners of gymnasiums involving property damage as a result of leased premises.
- Acting for the owner/occupier of a swimming pool for claims involving catastrophic injuries to minors injured whilst diving into pool.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Bachelor of Laws, UNSW
- Bachelor of Nursing, Thames Valley University
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of NSW Claims Discussion Group
- Member of NSW Women in Insurance