David is an experienced litigator and commercial advisor with experience acting in a range of complex commercial matters and disputes. David acts for banks and major financial institutions, liquidators and administrators, directors, shareholders, secured creditors, SME’s and individuals in relation to commercial matters.
David is well known for identifying each client’s commercial objectives and tailoring strategies to reach the desired outcome, with a passion for corporate and commercial disputes, insolvency, banking and finance, and regulatory matters. David also provides general counsel services to many of his clients, who appreciate his timely, astute and level-headed advice in times of need.
David’s expertise includes:
- Contractual Disputes
- Financial Services Disputes
- Insolvency matters, including advising administrators and liquidators
- Debt and asset restructuring
- Corporate Restructuring
- Director’s and Shareholder’s disputes
- Acting for secured lenders and distressed borrowers
- Acting in urgent Court matters
- Negotiating a workout package on behalf of a distressed borrower with a secured loan facility in excess of $100M.
- Advising one of the largest banks in the world in relation to a bank guarantee valued at over $50M.
- Acting for Liquidators and Deed Administrators in large insolvencies.
- Advising on the appointment of Liquidators to a major Forex/CFD market-maker, successfully opposing interim freezing orders obtained by ASIC.
- Acting for a director in relation to freezing orders obtained by a liquidator and successfully negotiating the release of the freezing orders.
- Appointing receivers over the assets of a trading trust in a long-standing board-level dispute within three weeks of engagement.
- Acting for an importer against a publicly listed wholesaler in relation to a claim for unconscionable conduct in trade or commerce under the Australian Consumer Law.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- LLB (UNSW)
- LLM (Corporate and Commercial Law (UNSW)
- Competition, Regulatory & Risk ,