Ariel is known for her expertise in a wide range of litigious and non-litigious insolvency and restructuring matters. Her practice also includes aspects of trade practices, professional negligence, complex contractual disputes, financial services disputes and partnership and shareholders’ disputes. Ariel has a particular expertise in security and priority issues, the Personal Property Securities Act (2009) and issues arising from insolvent trustees.
Ariel is valued for her exceptional client service, sound technical advice and pragmatic commercial approach to legal problems. Ariel acts for a wide range of clients including insolvency practitioners, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, debtors and directors.
Ariel’s expertise includes:
- Providing insolvency advice on various technical issues, including priority disputes, retention of title claims, Personal Property Securities Act (2009) disputes, schemes of arrangement, practitioner remuneration and employee issues
- Drafting and advising on deeds of company arrangements and creditors trust deeds
- Advising on pooling arrangements
- Conducting public examinations and voidable transaction claims
- Advising on securities enforcement and realisation
- Advising and implementing the restructure and/or sale of distressed assets
- Advising on issues relating to the insolvency of trustees, including rights of indemnity against trust assets and priority issues
- Advising on partnership and shareholders disputes, including oppression claims and just and equitable winding ups.
- Advising a federal government department on the insolvency of Aussie Farmers Direct.
- Advising a federal government department on the insolvency of the HRL/Vemco Group.
- Advising a large group of clients of BBY Limited, a large stock broker.
- Advising the receivers and managers of Amerind Pty Ltd, a manufacturing business.
- Advising on the deed administration of AED Oil Ltd, an ASX listed oil explorer and producer.
- Advising on the administration and then deed administration of the AEGIS Group, the successful tenderer for the Ararat Prison PPP Project.
- Advising on the administration and then liquidation of Mowbray College, a non-denominational educational College.
- Advising on the administration and then deed administration of Fletcher Jones & Staff Pty Ltd, a retail apparel group.
- Recommended Lawyer, Restructuring & Insolvency, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Insolvency & Restructuring, Doyle’s Guide.