Andrew has over 13 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer and has particular experience in advising founders, listed companies and private equity firms on a range of issues, including negotiated cross-border M&A, public company takeovers, equity capital raisings, debt restructuring, joint ventures, interaction with regulators and general corporate/commercial advice.
His recent focus has been directed at mid-market and private M&A and foreign investment into Australia.
Andrew’s expertise includes:
- Cross-border M&A
- Public company takeovers
- Equity capital raisings
- Debt restructuring
- Joint ventures
- General corporate and commercial advice
- Advising the founders of AFS Logistics (tech driven 3PL and 4PL business) on the sale of a strategic interest to Australian private equity firm The Growth Fund.
- Advising the Lansell family on the sale of the business assets of LCL (one of Australia’s largest producers of high-quality copper-based alloys) to ASX listed Reliance Worldwide Corporation Limited.
- Advising the founders of Ballarat based Porter Plant on its sale to Tokyo listed Kanamoto Corporation.
- Advising Wheatsheaf Group on its investment in Agriwebb (Cloud based farm management software) and follow up investment.
- Advising Garrett Motion Inc on Australian aspects of its agreement with KPS Capital Partners, LP to purchase its business for $2.1 billion and the commencement of voluntary Chapter 11 case with the United States Bankruptcy Court to implement the purchase.
- Advising Canopy Growth Corporation on its Australian business.
- Advising Leidos Inc: (General Corporate) (a Fortune 500 business that provides innovative government, science, and technology solutions) Australian General Counsel on secondment and ongoing governance and corporate advice.
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,