Valentyna’s expertise comes from many years working as an inhouse lawyer in the not-for-profit and public sectors but also in private enterprise. She comes to Mills Oakley having headed up the governance and legal team at the veteran’s charity, RSL NSW, supporting its reform and modernisation following the Bergin Inquiry in 2018.
With her lived in experience, Valentyna understands the legal challenges our clients face on a daily basis and the importance of providing them with commercially focussed and practical solutions.
Valentyna’s expertise includes:
- Governance and constitutional reform
- Organisational restructures
- Regulatory compliance
- Commercial leasing
- Administrative law
- General commercial advisory
- Intellectual property
- Company secretarial
- Leading the design and implementation of the structural modernisation of a network of charities which included working with NSW State Government on legislative reform achieving a transfer duty exemption.
- Design of a policy and compliance framework to provide governance and compliance assurance to the Board of a leading charity.
- Supporting the operational restructure of a charity including managing the divestment of related service entities and significant real property assets.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- NFPs, Human Rights & Social Impact ,