Rebecca has over 10 years' specialist experience in the areas of public and product liability, professional negligence claims and dust diseases. Rebecca services all classes of general insurance claims including discrimination claims, property damage and compulsory third party insurance claims.
She advises on policy wording, indemnity, liability, damages, risk allocation and alternative dispute resolution. Rebecca has a great understanding of the needs of her insurance and other clients and is committed to providing commercial advice and mitigating damages.
Rebecca regularly acts as counsel in litigated matters and has been instructing solicitor in a number of trials.
Rebecca represents her clients in Western Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
Rebecca’s expertise includes:
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Complex and catastrophic claims
- Acting in mediations and trials in Courts at all levels.
- Acting for a school against a claim made by a student’s parents alleging disability discrimination, this matter was litigated and proceeded to mediation in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for a medical provider in a Coroners Inquest in respect to care provided following a motor bike accident. No findings were made against the medical provider and an associated District Court action was discontinued.
- Acting for a tradesman in relation to a claim for damages by an unrepresented litigant for an injury allegedly caused by formaldehyde exposure. The claim proceeded to trial in the District Court of Western Australia against three defendants over a period of three weeks and was successfully defended with the claim being dismissed.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Dust Diseases (Defendant), Doyle’s Guide