Natasha has vast experience in litigation and dispute resolution, predominantly in Public Law but also in commercial matters. Natasha has advised and acted for various departments and agencies for both the Victorian State Government and the Commonwealth Government for over 15 years. This has included a secondment in the Office of General Counsel (OGC) for the Department of Premier (DPC) and Cabinet for the Victorian State Government during the COVID pandemic and advising, and acting for, the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs (including Minister for Home Affairs). Natasha has extensive experience in acting in judicial review proceedings in the superior courts and tribunals in Australia, as well as in all other types of disputes. Natasha also has vast experience in advising and acting for clients in Royal Commissions, inquiries, regulatory investigations, audits and in arbitrations. Natasha provides high quality and strategic legal advice and services, which are specifically tailored to her clients’ needs.
Natasha’s expertise includes:
- Acting in judicial review proceedings
- Acting in Royal Commissions, inquiries, regulatory investigations and audits
- Acting in arbitrations and various other alternative dispute resolution, including mediations
- Advising on statutory interpretation and compliance
- Advising and acting in merits review proceedings in tribunals
- Advising and acting in commercial disputes in the courts, including contractual and negligence disputes
- Advising and acting for the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs (including Minister for Home Affairs) in thousands of matters.
- Acting for DPC for the Victorian State Government in the COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry.
- Advising West Gate Tunnel Authority on the West Gate Tunnel project in relation to statutory interpretation and disputes.
- Acting for a hotel in a judicial review proceeding in the Victorian Supreme Court in relation to a decision by the Minister for Planning.
- Advising education providers in relation to regulatory investigations and their accreditation.
- Acting and advising universities in relation to disability discrimination proceedings in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Acting for a disability service provider in the Disability Royal Commission.
- Presenting at UNICEF Third Regional Workshop on Justice for Children in East Asia and the Pacific on Australia’s National Redress Scheme.
- Acting for the Salvation Army (Southern Territory) in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Advising organisations that provide services to children about child sexual abuse claims.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Natasha is the author of the book Migration Law: Annotated Act with Related Legislation (both the 1st and 2nd editions) published by Thomson Reuters
- Government ,