Louise has over 20 years’ experience as an insurance and risk specialist as both a specialist litigator and front-end technical advisor. She has particular expertise in transforming liability and risk into solutions and opportunities for insurer, corporate and individual clients.
Louise brings a wealth of experience navigating disputes, complex transactions and technical insurance requirements to deliver strategic and client focused outcomes. Louise is known for the depth of her expertise across a broad range of professional and corporate risk scenarios.
Louise manages all claims cost effectively and efficiently to achieve resolution, from small, unlitigated matters to complex, multi-party matters in the District, Supreme and Coronial Courts, including catastrophic injury, class actions and high profile cases.
Louise uses her extensive litigation experience to inform her transactional and technical insurance advice to provide strategic and transformational business solutions.
Louise’s expertise includes:
- Professional negligence including financial services, construction professionals, real estate
- Medical malpractice and healthcare risk for practitioners, health groups, public and private hospitals, allied health
- Corporate risk including directors and officers, management liability, employment practices, public liability, ISR, crime and fraud
- Specialist risk such as environmental liability, data security and privacy, warranty and indemnity, lenders’ mortgage insurance, cross undertaking and after-the-event insurance
- Advising boards and management on personal and business risk mitigation
- Innovative and accurate negotiation and drafting for multi-party transactions
- Policy interpretation and drafting across a wide range of risk scenarios including re-insurance, excess insurance, complex group programs and dual insurance issues
- Working with industry bodies to provide solutions and thought leadership.
- Defending a board of directors in relation to claim for wrongful dismissal brought by CEO.
- Acting for service provider to Red Cross in relation to major data breach.
- Defending medical practitioners and allied health professionals across broad range of specialties in Supreme and District Courts.
- Representing real estate agent in high profile Coronial Inquest into death of child relating to controversial issues regarding failure of a fire alarm.
- Advising on various Commonwealth Bank matters including the AUSTRAC prosecution, class action, bank bill swap rate prosecution and Royal Commission.
- Reviewing a multi-million dollar primary and excess insurance program for an Australian international construction and retail business.
- Advising board of an international food and agriculture business on an annual risk assessment program for board due diligence.
- Advising developer of large residential development on bespoke insurance and indemnity clauses in a specialist multiparty design, construct, operate and maintain contract.
- Ranked Lawyer, Insurance, Chambers Asia-Pacific.
- Recommended Lawyer, Insurance Law/Medical Negligence,/Professional Malpractice Litigation, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Recommended Lawyer, Medical Negligence/ Professional Indemnity/ Public Liability, Doyle’s Guide.
- Recommended Lawyer, Insurance, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Leading Lawyer, Insurance and Re-insurance, Euromoney’s Expert Guide.