Henry acts for major domestic and international insurers, third party claims managers and financiers, predominantly in the areas of marine insurance, property damage and general commercial litigation. Henry is recognised for his technical expertise and is proficient in achieving timely, commercially sensible resolutions for his clients.
Henry’s expertise includes:
- Policy coverage and indemnity disputes
- Subrogated recoveries
- Defence of liability claims
- Professional negligence
- Misleading or deceptive conduct
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Representing a financer in respect of a dispute with its professional advisors concerning an application to obtain authorisation to operate an Authorised Deposit-taking Institution.
- Representing insurers in respect of a claim under the Amended Hague Rules as incorporated by the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act 1991 (Cth) arising from a fire that damaged project cargo onboard a vessel.
- Representing a marine surveyor and its insurers in successfully defending negligence claims in connection with the sale of the MV “Catalina”.
- Representing insurers in respect of the loss of containers overboard from the MV “APL England”.
- Representing a logistics company and its insurers in respect of the theft of a consignment of cigarettes and tobacco products.
- Representing insurers in respect of damage to consignment of fly ash carried from India to Mexico via the United States, including dealing with multiple jurisdictional issues in respect of claims against the shipper in India and against carriers in the United States.
- Representing insurers in respect of a claim against a rail operator following the derailment of a train that resulted in the loss of a consignment of sulphuric acid.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Rising Star, Shipping Maritime and Aviation, Doyle’s Guide
- Presenter to the Property and Liability Discussion Group (PLDG)
- Member of multiple industry groups and associations including the Maritime Law Association of Australia and New Zealand (MLAANZ), Sydney Marine Discussion Group (SMDG) and Member of the Melbourne Marine Insurance Forum (MMIF)
- Co-author of the Kluwer Law International Maritime Law Handbook
- Articles published by the British International Freight Association, Daily Cargo News and ForwarderLaw
- Insurance ,