Gina has worked for major insurers Australian wide and has extensive experience in property damage litigation, home and motor vehicle recoveries and settlements, general insurance litigation, indemnity matters, and claims involving issues of fraud. She is well regarded within the industry for her knowledge of the area, her dispute resolution and advocacy skills, and for her ability to develop and implement successful strategies for insurers.
Her practice principally includes high volume insurance litigation and indemnity disputes in the Local Court of NSW and District Court NSW and appeals to the Supreme Court of NSW.
Gina is known for providing clear advice and defending claims strategically and economically to obtain the best results for her clients.
Gina’s expertise includes:
- General Insurance Law
- Complex indemnity issues
- Motor insurance, specialising in credit hire and credit repair disputes
- Home and motor recoveries and settlements
- Property damage and fire damage claims
- Recovery actions
- Claims involving issues of fraud
- Policy and Legislative Interpretation
- Complex Heavy Motor, Plant & Equipment
- Gina was provided with instructions from a major insurer to take over carriage of a matter from another firm in order to act in the appeal from the Local Court to the Supreme Court on the issue of res judicata, Anshun estoppel, splitting of causes of action by insurer.
- Gina was provided with instructions from a major insurer to take over carriage of a matter from another firm in order to act in the appeal to the Supreme Court (Chand v Bazetta Holdings Pty Ltd).
- Acting for major insurers in the defence of disputed indemnity claims on motor policies, which involves providing advice on the tort of inducing breach of contract and dual insurance. Due to the volume of matters being defended, one of the cases was run as a test case.
- Acting for a major insurer in the defence of diminished value claim, which she was successful in having dismissed by the Local Court. Due to the volume of matters being defended, the case that ran to hearing was run as a test case.
- Acting for a major insurer in relation to property damage and economic loss claims, and matters were fraud is suspected.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of NSW Claims Discussion Group
- Member of NSW Women in Insurance
- Member of Australian Insurance Lawyers Association (AILA)