Emre was admitted to practice as a lawyer in 2011 and joined the Insurance team of Mills Oakley in September 2014.
He has experience acting for insurers, self-insurers, brokers and policy holders providing advice on property damage liability and quantum disputes, credit hire claims, claims involving fraud, and disputes arising under the Insurance Contracts Act.
He has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the third party recovery industry and the various stakeholders within that field.
Emre has been specialising in motor and property claims and recoveries since April 2012. His commercial approach to litigation provides clients with cost-effective and timely solutions to claims.
Emre’s practice principally includes high volume litigation in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria, large quantum litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the County Court of Victoria, and appeals to the Supreme Court.
Emre’s expertise includes:
- Complex indemnity issues
- S51 actions against insurers
- Inevitable accident defences
- Enforcement actions and financial hardship claims
- Motor insurance, specialising in the area of credit hire and credit repair disputes
- Motor settlement and recovery
- Liability disputes
- Repair cost disputes
- Multi vehicle collisions
- Acting for a major insurer in opposing an appeal from the Magistrates’ Court to the Supreme Court where the insurer was successful in having the original decision upheld by the Supreme Court
- Acting for a major insurer in a complex liability dispute where demands of approximately $400,000 were settled with no exposure to his client;
- Acting for a major insurer in successfully recovering against a roads authority following the falling of an overhead road sign on an insured’s vehicle;
- Acting for a major insurer in a s51 recovery claim of $100,000 against the insurer of a rental company involving a fatal collision;
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA).
- Insurance ,