Alesha is a highly experienced and strategic insurance litigator and advisor. Her litigation practice is broad and encompasses most areas of insurance law across all jurisdictions including the District Court, Supreme Court, and Coroners Court, in addition to professional regulatory bodies. Alesha has a particular focus on medical malpractice and professional indemnity claims, and matters with complex liability, indemnity and causation issues.
Alesha also provides front-end technical advice to corporate entities, insurers and underwriters including in relation to policy wordings, policies, indemnities, contracts and risk management strategies.
Alesha’s expertise includes:
- Medical malpractice for doctors, public and private hospitals and allied health providers
- Complaints, regulatory and disciplinary proceedings against healthcare professionals
- Professional negligence, including financial services and real estate
- Corporate risks, including directors and officers, management liability, public liability and cyber and data risks
- Policy interpretation and drafting including re-insurance, excess insurance and dual insurance issues
- Coronial inquests
- Defending medical practitioners and allied health professionals across broad range of specialties in Supreme and District Courts in New South Wales, and also in the Supreme Court in the Australian Capital Territory.
- Assisting medical practitioners and allied health professionals in relation to disciplinary and regulatory inquiries and complaints.
- Defending various healthcare providers in relation to telehealth and after hours general practice claims.
- Acting for service provider to Red Cross in relation to major data breach.
- Reviewing a multi-million dollar primary and excess insurance program for an Australian international construction and retail business.
- Advising corporate clients in relation to their risk profile and insurance policies.
- Advising an excess insurer in relation to a multi-million dollar indemnity dispute spanning multiple policy periods.
- Insurance ,