Adrian has over ten years’ experience in professional indemnity defence and construction insurance litigation as well as property damage and contract claims, general negligence matters, building and construction litigation, product liability and builder’s warranty.
Adrian has expertise in areas of indemnity and policy construction, insurance litigation and residential construction contracts across all Australian jurisdictions.
Adrian’s expertise includes:
- Professional indemnity (financial lines, construction, legal)
- Construction liability (contract works)
- Builder’s warranty
- Motor vehicle
- Product liability
- Home and contents
- Acting for an insurer of a Private Hospital in respect of an indemnity dispute for a multi-million dollar business interruption claim.
- Acting for an Incorporated Association in defending a defamation action in the NSW Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for the insurer of a financial advisor in the defence of negligence, misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of fiduciary duty claim by an overseas investor.
- Acting for the insurer of a builder in the defence of a negligence claim by an owner for faulty building work and negligent advice in the construction of a design home.
- Acting for an insurer in providing advice in respect of a Franchisee dispute.
- Acting for an insurer in defending a mortgage broking company from professional indemnity claims by large financial institutions in respect of a portfolio of over $500 million.
- Acting for an insurer in a subrogated recovery in a properly liability dispute in respect of a house fire.
- Acting for an insurer in the defence of a large Information Technology dispute including alleged product failure and professional negligence in the provision of services to a national framework.
- Insurance ,