Welcome to the September edition of MOving Ahead! This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenge of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this edition…
- APRA releases its 2017-21 Corporate Plan
- APRA advises trustees of the metrics it uses when assessing quality member outcomes
- Legislation, including the First Home (Super) Saver Scheme, Improving Accountability and Member Outcomes, extending Choice of Super, introducing a new external dispute resolution framework, and the minimum one-third independent director requirement, have been introduced
- ASIC Class Order [CO 14/1252] has been further amended in order to provide relief to trustees by extending the deadline for disclosure of property operating costs
- The Courts examine the payment of a salary continuance claim, and determine whether certain payments fall within the definition of “salary” when calculating a defined benefit
- A study by Monash University finds that there was no obvious positive relationship between risk and target return figures across MySuper providers, as would be expected.’
To read the full publication, click here.
Get the latest news insights and articles straight to your inbox, simply enter your details.