By Luke Hooper, Special Counsel
This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenges of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this month’s MOving Ahead:
- APRA releases its Information Paper discussing the outcomes of self-assessments into APRA-regulated institutions’ governance, accountability and culture;
- APRA amends its PYSP FAQs;
- ASIC confirms that it commenced civil penalty proceedings in relation to the alleged breach of the FOFA conflicted remuneration provisions;
- ASIC Corporations (Amendment) Instrument 2019/514 amends certain relief in respect of superannuation and retirement calculator providers;
- Family Law (Superannuation) (Interest Rate for Adjustment Period) Determination 2019 adjusts the interest rate for adjusting certain Family Law-related entitlements;
- the Commissioner of Taxation issues a specific form to be used by members who intend to declare that they are not inactive low-balance members; and
- the ATO amends two Law Companion Rulings in order to reflect recent amendments made to the rules applying to reversionary transition to retirement income streams.
Get the latest news insights and articles straight to your inbox, simply enter your details.