By Luke Hooper, Special Counsel
Welcome to the July edition of MOving Ahead! This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenge of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this edition…
- APRA identifies examples where “cash” investment options appear to include exposure to underlying investments that would not generally be considered cash or cash-like in nature;
- APRA releases the second tranche of its consultation material as part of its comprehensive post-implementation review of the superannuation prudential framework;
- APRA reiterates its view to trustees in respect of related party transactions and fit and proper requirements;
- the Treasury Laws Amendment (Protecting Your Superannuation Package) Bill 2018 is introduced into Parliament;
- proposed regulations replacing Complaints and Superannuation Guarantee regulations are introduced into Parliament or released for public consultations; and
- the ATO confirms the temporary extension of the timeframes for the return and payment of streamlined release authorities.
To read the full publication, click here.
Get the latest news insights and articles straight to your inbox, simply enter your details.