By Luke Hooper, Special Counsel
Welcome to the August edition of MOving Ahead! This publication is filled with legal and regulatory developments designed to help super fund trustees meet the challenge of minimising the impact and maximising strategic opportunities arising from regulatory change.
In this edition…
- ASIC’s independent expert report into fees and costs disclosure is released;
- APRA releases the third tranche of its consultation material as part of its comprehensive post-implementation review of the superannuation prudential framework;
- APRA releases its submission in response to the Productivity Commission’s draft report on Superannuation Efficiency and Competitiveness;
- The Senate Economics Legislation Committee recommends that the Treasury Laws Amendment (Protecting Your Superannuation Package) Bill 2018 should be passed;
- A Claim is lodged against the trustee of the Retail Employees Superannuation Trust due to failures to provide a member with certain information; and
- The ATO issues a Ruling describing how the First home super saver scheme rules will apply.
To read the full publication, click here.
Get the latest news insights and articles straight to your inbox, simply enter your details.