Troy has extensive experience in estate planning (including wills and powers of attorney), deceased estates, estate litigation, succession and elder law.
He has a particular focus on intergenerational wealth transfer and protection and advises high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and family groups.
He is known for implementing robust solutions and documentation to complex estate planning scenarios and is alive to the emotion and sensitivities that attach to this area of law.
Troy’s clients include individuals, family groups, executors of wills, aggrieved beneficiaries (or non-beneficiaries) and family members (and other interested parties) of those subject to elder abuse.
Troy’s expertise includes:
- Contested wills in respect of incapacity, undue influence and knowledge and approval
- Contested intestacies
- Challenges to wills for further provision
- Complicated probate and intestacy applications
- Removal of attorneys
- Disputes between executors
- Estate Planning for clients with disabled beneficiaries
- Estate Planning for clients with “at risk” beneficiaries who may not be financially able or have dependency problems
- Estate Planning for clients with concerns about child’s spouse.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide.
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide.
- Private Advisory ,