Tony has over 25 years’ experience in corporate, mergers and acquisitions and general commercial law. Tony is the trusted adviser for many listed and private corporate clients, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, founders, family businesses, start-ups, family offices and high net worth individuals, in Australia and internationally.
His clients rely on his outstanding legal advice, commercial judgement and strategic negotiation. He identifies and understands the most important issues for his clients and leads negotiations to achieve successful outcomes for every transaction. Tony’s experience includes four years in Hong Kong working on mergers and acquisitions throughout Asia.
Tony’s expertise includes:
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General commercial law
- The purchase of multiple events (including the City2Surf and Melbourne Corporate Triathlon) from Nine Entertainment Group by World Triathlon Corporation (owner of Ironman).
- The sale of an interest in Escala Partners to Focus Financial Partners LLC.
- The purchase of Biarri Rail by Navis LLC, a subsidiary of Cargotec Corporation.
- The sale of Montlaur Project Services to CBRE Group Inc.
- The sale of Comdain Infrastructure to Service Stream Limited.
- The sale of Climate Technologies to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Symphony Limited.
- The sale of a 51% stake in Scott Park Group to Sumitomo Forestry Co.
- The sale of Sita Buslines and Sita Coaches to Transit Systems.
- Advising HongKong Hairun Food Investment Holding on its acquisition of a 49% interest in Woodard Foods Australia, a vertically integrated meat and livestock business.
- Superior Food Services’ acquisition of Clover Valley Fine Foods, Global Meats and Frozpac.
- The sale of Guardian Storage to National Storage.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law (Melbourne), Best Lawyers in Australia
- Ranked Lawyer, (Band 4), Corporate/M&A, Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Recognised Lawyer, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Venture Capital Law and Mergers and Acquisitions, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Leading Corporate Lawyer – Victoria, Doyle’s Guide
- Pre-eminent Lawyer, Corporate/M&A (Smaller & Mid-Market Matters) – Victoria, Doyle’s Guide
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate/M&A (High-Value Matters) – Victoria, Doyle’s Guide
- Mergermarket – ranked in the top handful of legal advisers in the Individual League Tables from 2016 to 2019, by deal count
- M&A / Corporate Advisory ,