Steven focuses on strategic intellectual property protection and counseling for startups and other technology driven companies. His clients include entrepreneurs and investors who develop innovative technologies in the medtech, software, electronics, sportstech, fintech, cleantech, and agtech sectors.
Before becoming a lawyer and patent/trademark attorney, Steven was a government physicist in telecommunications research. His empathy for startups and entrepreneurs comes from working as a CEO of a startup developing new medtech/sportstech products.
Steven’s significant international and domestic experience in intellectual property procurement, litigation, portfolio management, and commercialization for both early- and later-stage companies allows him to assist clients at all stages of growth to develop a holistic intellectual property strategy that maximizes intellectual property positions for their lead products in light of their product development and commercialization timelines. He also helps companies and investors with intellectual property due diligence, patentability analyses, freedom-to-operate analyses, and non-infringement and validity analyses.
Steven’s expertise includes:
- Intellectual property counseling and strategy
- Patent, trademark and design preparation and prosecution
- Intellectual property portfolio management
- Patent and trademark oppositions
- Patent, trademark, design and copyright litigation
- Intellectual property and technology licensing and transactions
- Intellectual property due diligence, patentability analyses, freedom-to-operate analyses, and non-infringement and validity analyses.
- Intellectual Property ,