Roxanne has over 12 years’ experience in industrial relations, employment and work health and safety regulatory law. During this time, she has partnered with clients – providing representation, advice and timely and practical guidance as they navigate routine to complex matters.
Roxanne is recognised in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Labour and Employment Law.
Roxanne’s expertise includes:
- IR: negotiating enterprise agreements (including conducting the Better Off Overall Test and filing the application for approval), responding to industrial action and right of entry disputes (including urgent applications for injunctions arising from these disputes), Building Code compliance, representing witnesses in compulsory examinations, sham contracting.
- ER: performance management and terminations, restructure and redundancies, award and enterprise agreement interpretation, workplace investigations, employment contract and workplace policies, discrimination and human rights issues.
- WHS: workers’ compensation issues and WorkCover premium disputes.
- Conducting a complex investigation into serious allegations of fraud by a senior employee of a local council.
- Advising a large electrical contracting company on all aspects of negotiating an enterprise agreement, involving various unions. The agreement was voted up by employees and approved by the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising a large international professional firm on a restructure which resulted in various redundancies. There was no disputes or proceedings arising from the redundancies.
- Representation of employees of a national construction company compelled to give evidence in examinations by a Commonwealth Government regulator, and subsequently representing the witnesses in complex litigation arising from the investigation.
- Advising and representing a Queensland private school in relation to a disability discrimination claim by a prospective student in the Australian Human Rights Commission.
- Advising and representing a manufacturing employer in relation to a sexual harassment claim brought by an employee against the company and a senior manager in the (then) Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland.
- Representing a national construction company in the Industrial Magistrates Court in appealing a premium penalty imposed by WorkCover Queensland.
- Making submissions and responding to questions on notice to the Fair Work Commission’s annual wage review case for 2020/21 on behalf of a faith based enterprise.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,