Robert has more than 20 years of experience in energy & resources, bringing a strong corporate and commercial background advising boards and senior management on complex government and corporate projects relating to renewable energy, sustainable energy and energy regulation. He is also known for his expertise in the natural resources, mining, infrastructure and transportation sectors.
Robert’s practice has a strong international flavour, having led projects in South East and North Asia, the United States, the United Kingdom, South America and Africa.
Robert was previously a partner for 17 years at a large international law firm, and most recently a Director, the Company Secretary, the Commercial & Regulatory Lead and International Transaction Adviser for a start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area developing a high capacity, on demand, point to point, transit technology operating on a fixed guideway system using a fleet of autonomous electric vehicles.
Robert’s expertise includes:
- Natural Resources
- Autonomous and electric vehicles.
- Assisting in commercial engagements with potential customers (cities, private property developers and campuses), worldwide vehicle manufacturers and suppliers and infrastructure partners.
- Assisting in regulatory approval process for the start-up transit system in California and Japan.
- Advising Energy Development Corporation, the world’s largest integrated geothermal power producer, on geothermal investments in Indonesia, Chile, Peru and Kenya.
- Advising Lendlease on the ground breaking “green utility” centralised infrastructure at the Barangaroo South development, including the supply and security arrangements for a centralised chilled water plant, a recycled water plant and an electricity embedded network.
- Advising GPT Group on the energy regulatory regime around greenfield and brownfield electricity and hot water embedded networks (including retrofitting), and energy on-selling.
- Advising Country Energy on the NSW Government’s privatisation of the retail electricity business of Country Energy to Origin Energy for $1.3 billion.
- Numerous purchasers, sellers and developers of solar and wind renewable energy projects in Australia, South East and North Asia, Latin America and Africa.
- Recommended Lawyer, Energy, Finance and Development / Project Finance, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Leading Lawyer, Energy, Doyle’s Guide.