Rebecca advises boards of directors, senior management and human resources managers across various industries in all areas of employment law, with a focus on sensitive, high risk personnel issues, investigations, and disputes.
Rebecca regularly advises on discipline and termination, employment contracts (including options and employee benefits schemes), reductions in workforce, and health and safety issues. She has particular expertise in workplace investigations, and has conducted investigations in employee discrimination and bullying claims, whistle-blower claims, executive misconduct, fraud and corrupt practices and workplace assault. Rebecca is an experienced litigator, and has acted for clients before the Fair Work Commission and WA Industrial Relations Commission, as well as appearing as advocate in Courts in both the Federal and State jurisdictions.
Rebecca brings a wealth of experience having previously worked as an in-house workplace relations advisor in the private sector and at leading Australian law firms in Perth and Melbourne. She regularly lectures at both undergraduate and postgraduate level on employment law.
Rebecca’s expertise includes:
- Unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- Employment policies and procedures
- Salary and benefit strategies, bonus and option schemes, including expatriate benefits
- Executive terminations and post employment restraints, including litigating in the WA and Victorian Supreme Courts for the enforcement of restraints.
- Workplace investigations involving allegations of bullying, discrimination, sexual harassment, assault, and misappropriation of funds
- Workplace training on workplace behaviours and other compliance areas
- Enterprise agreements
- Workplace restructuring, including transfer of business, change management and redundancy processes
- Responding to improvement and prohibition notices
- Legally privileged workplace investigations into safety incidents
- Advising a mining service provider on complex transfer of business issues, including large scale redundancies.
- Successfully defending a multi-party general protections claim in the Federal Court involving numerous respondents.
- Conducting and completing a large scale workplace investigation regarding allegations of sexual harassment by numerous complainants across a protracted period of time.
- Drafting and introducing an Australian handbook of employment policies and procedures for a US company setting up its Australian operations.
- Advising on the restructure of tug boat operations for the Qld, SA and WA operations for an Australian port operations provider, including drafting relevant briefing papers and contractual documents.
- Advising numerous companies on compliance with the Building Code.
- Recommended Lawyer, Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,