Rachael has over a decade of experience as a litigator, practising predominantly in the areas of commercial litigation, insolvency and building and construction. She practices in all Court jurisdictions and has successfully conducted litigation (including mediation) for a range of commercial matters involving leasing, building and construction, property and contractual disputes, as well as general debt recoveries. Rachael has also acted for directors, creditors and insolvency practitioners, regarding the administration of insolvent estates. This includes advising liquidators and administrators.
With her positive attitude, strong work ethic and analytical skills, Rachael is committed to working with her clients to help them achieve commercial and practical solutions to their legal issues.
Rachael’s expertise includes:
- Contractual disputes;
- Debt recovery;
- Directors and shareholders disputes;
- Corporate and personal insolvency matters;
- Building and construction disputes;
- Leasing disputes; and
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Acting for the vendors in a complex sale of business dispute;
- Defending company directors in relation to alleged breach of directors’ duties;
- Advising on leasing matters, including obligations under the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic);
- Conducting security reviews for lenders, advising on recovery options and commencing enforcement action;
- Acting for an architectural firm with respect to a multimillion-dollar contractual dispute; and
- Advising in relation to claims under the Security of Payment regime.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
- Commercial Disputes ,