Nirupa is a partner in the Commercial Disputes & Insolvency team. Nirupa specialises in restructuring and litigious and advisory insolvency, debt recovery matters, securities law and contractual and financial disputes.
Nirupa’s clients include financial institutions, external administrators, creditors and business owners. Nirupa prides herself on her accessibility and commerciality in working with her clients to find cost effective and efficient solutions to problems.
Prior to joining Mills Oakley, Nirupa worked in top tier firms with leading restructuring and insolvency practices in Australia and London.
Nirupa’s expertise includes:
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Prosecuting claims under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Advising on a variety of issues relating to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
- Undertaking debt and asset recovery for financial institutions and creditors
- Advising on complex contractual and general commercial disputes including breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, debt recovery, equitable and trust based claims
- Advising on directors’ duties
- Advising the administrators, deed administrators and trustees of Cooper & Oxley Builders Pty Ltd.
- Advising the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Limited and Bank of Queensland on security, debt recovery and enforcement related issues.
- Advising the Department of Employment on a range of matters relating to the Fair Entitlements Guarantee Scheme.
- Advising the Receivers & Managers appointed to Amerind Pty Ltd.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Committee member of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (WA)
- Member, the Restructuring & Insolvency Network Australia
- Professional member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Member, the Australian Institute of Credit Management
- Recommended Lawyer, Restructuring and Insolvency, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific