Michael has practised extensively in family law and related commercial matters since 1968. He has substantial experience in the preparation of wills and estate planning and contested litigation concerning wills and estates.
Michael has been a consultant in family law to the Australian National University and to the NSW College of Law, as well as being a member of the Family Law Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales for some 16 years. Michael has published and presented papers on family law issues at legal conferences in Australia and abroad over the last 25 years and was a contributor to the Butterworths Family Law Service. He is also a member of the Family Law section of the Law Council of Australia.
Michael has been a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) since 2008, and has had considerable experience in family law matters with international issues. In 2009 he was appointed as one of the Cost Assessors of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Michael’s expertise includes:
- Conducting property settlement applications for high net worth clients
- Preparing pre-nuptial agreements for high net worth clients
- Advising on family trusts and formation of them
- Contested Probate and Family Provision litigation
- Estate Planning & Wills Preparation
- Assessment of costs.
Professional Memberships/ Accreditations & Activities
- Re-appointed as Costs Assessor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Re-appointed as an Accredited Specialist in Family Law by the Law Society of New South Wales.
- Prepared submissions for the Law Reform Commission on Family Law Act issues.
- Delivered paper at Legalwise Seminar in Sydney on necessary amendments to the Family Law Act.
- Family Law ,