Matthew practises as a corporate lawyer advising Australian and international clients on corporate/commercial, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, private equity and corporate governance matters.
Matthew has particular expertise in the energy and resources sector, enabling him to deliver sector-specific guidance and solutions to clients. In addition, Matthew has led collaborative teams of lawyers on behalf of a wide range of clients including those involved in manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, retail sales, and on behalf of underwriters, investment dealers and private equity investors.
Matthew has a deep understanding of his clients’ risk profiles, commercial drivers, challenges and opportunities and provides his clients with succinct and practical solutions to complex and technical issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Prior to joining Mills Oakley Matthew was a Partner at a top tier national law firm in Canada and has also acted as a director of numerous private companies.
Matthew’s expertise includes:
- Asset and share purchase and sale transactions
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, takeover bid and business combination transactions
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities
- Stock exchange listing and maintenance matters, including initial public offerings
- Corporate governance planning
- Commercial transaction implementation.