Malcolm has spent over 25 years specialising in Corporate, Commercial, Intellectual Property and Technology law.
Malcolm has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and legal localisation requirements across jurisdictions. He has a particular specialisation in technology and intellectual property and has extensive cross-border experience.
Malcolm regularly acts for overseas companies establishing in Australia and Australian companies expanding overseas. Malcolm was a member of the Federal Government’s Tax Concession Committee of Innovation Australia and previously was a board member of Wandering Warriors Limited, a charity for military veterans from recent conflicts and the advisory board of the Diamantina Institute.
As a recommended lawyer in Asia IP Profiles, Malcolm received acclaim for his ‘expertise and responsiveness’and ‘fantastic client service’. Malcolm was also acknowledged by Managing Intellectual Property Handbook ‘as not only knowledgeable in the law, but also grasps the commercial implications of any action, quickly’.
Malcolm’s expertise includes:
- Corporate and commercial law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Technology and intellectual property law
- Consumer and competition law.
- Acting in the $120m sale of a heath industry business in the not for profit sector.
- Advising Ringcentral Inc , Mesosphere inc, S&C Electric Co and other US based companies on their entry into and/or operations in Australia.
- Advising Paypa Plane on the launch and expanstion of their fintech payments platform.
- Advising a number of local and USA based private equity and venture capital firms on investments into Australian startups and emerging companies.
- Recommended, Commercial Law and Intellectual Property Law, Best Lawyers in Australia.