Malcolm is a seasoned advisor in the field of workplace relations, employment, health and safety. He works across a broad range of industries, with a particular focus on the Building and Construction, Infrastructure, Energy, Mining & Resources, Professional Services, Retail and Agricultural sectors.
His proactive approach and engagement with clients is well regarded and valued. He is a trusted advisor to senior executives and boards. He is a highly skilled negotiator who possesses a sharp ability to think outside the box. He is also known for his hard-hitting, “take no prisoners” approach to litigation and the provision of sound and strategically thoughtful advice for complex technical matters.
Malcolm’s expertise includes:
- Employment and Workplace Relations
- Work, Health & Safety Investigations and Prosecutions
- Defence of SafeWork Investigations & Prosecutions
- Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Law
- Bribery & Corruption
- Royal Commissions/Judicial Enquiries
- Conducting investigations into allegations of unlawful discrimination, workplace bullying & other workplace complaints
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Advising major construction companies on a broad range of industrial and employment matters.
- Conducting workplace investigations into allegations of unlawful discrimination, workplace bullying, and various forms of unlawful conduct including theft and corrupt conduct.
- Acting for insurers and insureds in their defence of claims made by former employees under Employment Practices Insurance policies.
- Defending complaints lodged in the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW/NCAT and the Human Rights Commission.
- Assisting directors and officers with ASIC investigations, including 19 examinations.
- Assisting officers and directors with active AFP investigations regarding allegations of bribery of foreign officials.
- Advising corporations and their directors and officers in relation to their Work, Health & Safety obligations.
- Conduct and defence of Defamation proceedings.
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Recommended Lawyer, Labour and Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety ,