Luke specialises in superannuation and financial services and has particular expertise in acting for large industry-based, government and corporate superannuation fund trustees and financial service providers in all legal and commercial matters affecting these entities.
Luke brings a wealth of experience from acting on a number of matters affecting superannuation funds including major superannuation investments, custody, administration, successor fund transfers and general commercial contracting. Luke also advises trustees on superannuation and financial services law compliance, and drafts and reviews internal trustee documents including governing rules and policies and all forms of disclosure documentation.
Luke also has expertise in acting for employers, including advising on superannuation guarantee obligations and defence of claims, as well as advising on the closure and conversion of corporate defined benefit plans and corporate plan successor fund transfers.
Luke regularly presents at ASFA’s Victorian Legislation Discussion Group.
Luke’s expertise includes:
- Superannuation investments
- Superannuation outsourcing, including custody, administration and investment management
- Trustee compliance and governance
- Technical superannuation and financial services advice
- Group insurance policies
- Superannuation successor fund transfers
- APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC compliance and/or breaches
- Employer superannuation guarantee obligations and defence of claims
- Closure and conversion of corporate defined benefit plans
- Superannuation and financial services disclosure.
- Acting for WA Super in respect of the $3.2bn Successor Fund Transfer with Concept One.
- Acting for Hostplus in respect of its Custody Agreement with Citi.
- Acting for CSR Limited in respect of the Harwood Superannuation Fund $1.4bn Successor Fund Transfer.