Luke is a Perth based practitioner with vast experience in commercial disputes focusing on insolvency.
Luke primarily acts on insolvency disputes in both the Supreme and Federal Courts. He has had success in commencing unfair preference and voidable transaction claims on behalf of Liquidators. Luke also has vast experience in general commercial litigation and has acted and appeared in all West Australian courts.
Clients value Luke’s exceptional service, outcomes focused approach, strategic advice and his genuine desire to continue to foster and build strong working relationships.
Luke acts for Liquidators and other clients of varied sizes and backgrounds, from individuals to listed companies.
Luke enjoys the ongoing challenges that go with working in the insolvency and commercial disputes area.
Luke’s expertise includes:
- Statutory claims on behalf of Liquidators in the Supreme and Federal Court.
- Advice in relation to statutory claims for Liquidators.
- Representing clients in general commercial litigation matters in all West Australian Courts.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Acting for Liquidators in commencing a 24 Defendant mothership unfair preference proceeding in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for Liquidators in finalising a long running and complicated remuneration application in the Federal Court.
- Acting for a Liquidator in relation to defending a creditors application to appeal the partial rejection of the creditors proof of debt in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for an SME in relation to a contractual dispute in the Supreme Court.
- Acted on a matter relating to the challenge by a creditor of the Liquidators’ failure to pay a security interest under the PPSA in the Federal Court.
- Acted for an individual in relation to a high value professional negligence claim in the Supreme Court.
- Acted for the Plaintiffs in commencing and taking to trial a long running defamation matter in the Supreme Court.
Professional Memberships/Accreditation & Activities
- Law Society of Western Australia.
- Commercial Disputes ,