Lisa has over 20 years’ experience across all facets of intellectual property – trade marks, copyright, designs, misleading and deceptive conduct/reputational claims, and confidential information.
Lisa combines excellent technical knowledge with a real understanding of commercial business drivers, having previously worked as in-house counsel. She has acted for clients in some of the leading IP litigation cases in Australia in the Federal and Full Federal Courts, and also has a strong advisory practice including the management of domestic and international trade mark and design portfolios.
Lisa works in partnership with businesses to provide commercial solutions and her clients value her pragmatic approach. She has clients in a range of industries, from start ups and SMEs, to publicly listed entities.
Lisa’s expertise includes:
- Brand strategy advice
- Management of intellectual property portfolios, locally and internationally
- Trade mark oppositions, including appearing at hearings
- Copyright advice, licensing and assignments
- Privacy and protection of personal information
- Collaboration and sponsorship agreements
- Litigation – enforcement and defence of claims in relation to trade marks, copyright, confidential information, misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off claims
- Litigation – ‘search and seizure’ orders, anti-counterfeiting
Professional Memberships / Accreditation & Activities
- Governance Institute of Australia – Associate Member (AGIA)
- Member, the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) and the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Melbourne Fashion Festival Limited – Non-executive director and company secretary
- Essendon Women’s Network (Essendon Football Club) – Chair
- Intellectual Property ,